RIVERS OF CROATIA - Lidija Ivanek SiLa

Yesterday I explained to my friend why in the painting "Joy of the Lord" I use black and white paint to paint joy, so my answer is convenient to apply to this post.

JOY OF THE LORD 
JOY OF THE LORD
The point is that colors have the habit to impose, to impress ... they ask from you a tremendous response, Refusal or enthusiasm ... Arrange colors good and you can ignore everything else (form, meaning, detail ...) I do not know ... I am often thinking about it... color is as loud, strong people ... Black and white ... everything is much simpler ... quieter ... no loudness ... one can see the form, but it is still interesting ... you can always explore and discover a new shade, a new form, a new thought ... it calms 

RIVER MREZNICA 
RIVER MREZNICA

Why I call this post Rivers of Croatia? My inspiration comes from outside and inside. All the rivers I saw with my own eyes, all the impressions that I have absorbed, sounds, smells, or the murmur and the silence ... all that Croatian rivers are in my paintings. And again, my paintings speak of a deep, spiritual reality too. They speak of the River, which gives life and the tree that is evergreen while it stretches its roots into the River. more on SiLa Art website